Sunday, October 12, 2008

Welcome to my blog

I've decided to launch a work-related blog. Try #2. Welcome.

I'll be talking primarily about bovids (antelope, sheep, goats, cattle, and bison) in all their glory - their anatomy, growth, evolution, behavior, ecology, importance to humans, etc. I'll also touch on the closer relatives of bovids, including deer, giraffes, pronghorn and lesser-known taxa, related out-groups (suids, camelids, hippos, cetaceans, and extinct groups), as well as flora and fauna pertinent to these animals. In keeping with the 'horns' part of the title, I also reserve the right to discuss non-artiodactyl taxa with horns or similar structures, like ceratopsian dinosaurs and beetles. (At some point I plan to show you, dear readers, just why beetle horn development is fascinating). And finally, in keeping with the 'heads' portion of the title, I may well launch into topics, issues or discussions on science in general, and my experiences as a developing scientist in particular.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

I'd be delighted to know some facts considering correlation between anatomy and locomotion, diet and such. I find it intriguing how anatomy adapts to specific functions :)

November 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home